The Stitch Book: Week 40 (September 29-October 5)

It's officially spooky season! I've been decorating and quietly celebrating since the beginning of September since I like to find joy in little things. I think my decorations are done and I've started baking my fall favorites. Now it just needs to cool off so I can wear my new bat sweater. 

This is what happens when I have a full travel day but that travel is by bus and train. I buy unnecessary sweaters. It's so soft, so really, it's completely necessary.

Keely is back home. He's added 8 pm snuggles to the schedule (I'm not complaining), but also was an enormous jerk this morning, so I guess order has been restored to the universe. It's a good thing I'm gone most of the day today; he can think about what's he's done and go back to be the sweet, baby boy I know he is. This will not happen, but I can dream.

Do not trust this cat. He knows what he did but absolutely doesn't care. Choosing violence at 6:30 am is not a good look.

Part of this week's piece was embroidered in Maine. This week's quote and design are from The Shining. The quote is from King's introduction to the 2001 edition of the book. People are the true monsters in King novels. Yes, there are terrifying creatures like Pennywise and Cujo and vampires, but more often than not, the true terror in his novels are people. Sometimes it's taking your family to a remote hotel in Colorado and slowly being driven crazy by the spirits of the hotel. Other times, it's buying a possessed car from a weird old guy. Maybe you follow the walking dude to Vegas instead of finding Mother Abigail in Nebraska. Sometimes the monsters win.

Here's this week's piece:




September 29

September 30

October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

Week 40

Weeks 1-40

Week 41's color is kelly green.


Fun Things from the Week

While in Maine, I taught Emily how to embroider. She did a great job on her first kit, and I hear she's already bought another one! While she was working on her ghost, I completed a cute cactus from Laine Irene Designs. If you're looking for whimsical patterns for all skill levels, check out her Etsy page and Instagram. 


Because I sometimes have the personality of a feral 10 year old who has been given $100, I made a festive Halloween s'more last night. All you need is mini graham cracker pie shells, some chocolate, and Halloween Peeps (or any marshmallow). Bake them at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Delicious







Comments