The Stitch Book: Week 34 (August 18-24)

As I shared last week, I'm taking a break from text heavy designs for the next few weeks to focus on shapes, lines, and stitches. This week I used a pattern I like to draw on my notes during meetings as the design for this piece. Is it a house? A jungle gym? Colorful staples? Yes, yes it is. 

Here's this week's piece:




August 18

August 19

August 20

August 21

August 22

August 23

August 24


Some of my favorite areas of this week's piece: 




Weeks 1-34

Week 35's color is khaki.

WIPs and Embroidering with Flowers

I finished the third piece in the Mushroom Farm Energy series and have the fourth and final piece on the hoop and ready to go. I'm excited to finish up the stitching/painting so I can finally see if my idea of using the wood frames will work. And then they're off to my friend!

The inspiration for the fourth mushroom (below). I decided to add bees to this one since my friend is also a beekeeper.


The third mushroom.


I decided to take a workshop called Bloomstitching at Plant House, a plant nursery in Alexandria. I've never embroidered with dry florals before. It was a lot of fun! I may take the workshop again in September or October. 

The finished piece on the wall at home (above) and on a bench outside Plant House (below).


Finished piece in the workshop (above) and the planning stage (below).


Keely had a vet appointment this morning. He knew (below photo) and was incredibly disappointed with me when we got home because they took his blood and he has to go back next month (above).




Comments