The Stitch Book: Week 26 (June 23-29)

I've made it to the halfway point of this year's 365 project!! Week 26 happened to fall during a very busy week for me at work, so I focused this week's design on something I enjoy and something that was relatively easy to work on each day. I knew I'd be tired and I planned my design around that. 

This year's project has been great. I like working on a smaller scale, but still having enough space to make something substantial. It's also nice to be able to experiment with different techniques and not be concerned with ruining a larger piece because something didn't work out. 

I need to start looking at how I want to bind the Stitch Book. I have a few ideas and will start playing around with them. I haven't made any marks on the actual pages yet so I can try a few things before I decide on the actual technique. I've also started thinking of next year's project, but don't have enough details to share yet. 

Here's this week's piece:



June 23

June 24

June 25 - also happy birthday to my dad!

June 26

June 27

June 28

June 29

Before removing the ink marks

Week 26

Weeks 1-26: I lined them up differently this week. I think I can get nine more weeks on the table if I do it this way.

Week 27's color is sand.

Random Stuff from the Week

I haven't been to a movie theatre to see a movie since Barbie came out last summer. Anita and I went to see Thelma last weekend. It's a funny, but sort of sad movie about a 93 year old woman who gets scammed out of $10K and decides to take justice into her own hands. The cast is wonderful, so check it out if you're looking for a movie to go see. We saw it at the Alamo and got a fun themed embroidery kit.



We celebrated my dad's birthday a bit early last Sunday with a winery day. In addition to visiting Rappahannock Cellars, we stopped by Capstone Vineyards in Linden, VA. The owner of Capstone used to be the winemaker at Rappahannock, and we've been wanting to try out his wine. It's amazing - I'm looking forward to going back. 

If you love Halloween, get over to Michaels because they've already started putting out this year's Halloween collection. It's called Hippie Hollow - everything is pink and orange. It's amazing.


I don't know if this show is touring, but if you have a chance to see BLACKSTAR Symphony go do it. Blackstar was David Bowie's final album, and this version of it adds the backing of the National Symphony Orchestra and includes musicians who were part of Bowie's band and/or worked on the album. John Cameron Mitchell, maybe best known as the creator of Hedwig and the Angry Inch (which has lots of Bowie influence), was amazing as well. I saw the show at the Kennedy Center last night and it was absolutely magical. 

I hope you have as wonderful a weekend as Keely did last weekend when we visited my parents. He really knows how to take over furniture. 



I think he was trying to pet Frida.


Comments