The Stitch Book: Week 17 (April 21-26)

Before I get into this week's piece, here are the images of Weeks 1-16:

Weeks 1-16

Week 17's color is optical white.

This week's piece is one of the more abstract pieces I've done for this year's stitch journal. I didn't really have a plan when I started on Sunday. I wanted to worked with Perle thread, but that was about it. Originally, I thought I'd only do French knots, but then decided that wasn't right either. It doesn't really matter what this is...I enjoyed making it. Sometimes, like this week, I just needed embroidery to be a time of joy and calm. That's it. No bigger meaning. No experiments. Just the joy of embroidering something. 

Here's this week's piece:



April 21

April 22

April 23

April 24

April 25

April 26

April 27 - added more feather stitch and another cluster of French knots.


Week 17

Weeks 1-17

Next week's color is snow.

Sea Monsters

I finished the sea monster pattern from PopLush on my flight home from London. I can say that this piece was stitched while in London, Frankfurt, and various locations across the Atlantic Ocean. I still have to paint a hoop for it; I haven't picked a color yet. 

On the plane in Frankfurt



Other Fun Stuff From This Week

I ordered a piece from the Savage Stitcher before I left for the UK and it arrived while I was gone. If you haven't checked out her work, get over to Etsy or Instagram and do so. She's also responsible for the Trash piece also featured in the photo. 



Keely has forgiven me for "abandoning" him last week. He's the subject of next week's stitch journal entry. Enjoy some photos from this week that set the stage for what's coming in Week 18.






Comments