Answer the question?!?

I love made up holidays. Let's celebrate National Donut Day or Talk Like a Pirate Day! (Yes, both will be featured in this project.) Why wouldn't you want to celebrate donuts or pirates or whatever other weird thing you can? A few years ago, my friend Jessica discovered the greatest made up holiday of all time: Answer Your Cat's Questions Day! I immediately wrote my first post featuring my cat Pumpkin (who left us in 2017). When I adopted Keely, I decided to bring the posts back to my other blog since everyone loves a cat who asks questions. I wasn't sure if I was going to do one this year, but I decided I would not only do a new Island post with Keely, I'd also feature the day here too. Because I like you, I'm giving you early access to this year's post - you get to read it a whole day before I share it! Lucky readers!

If you have a cat in your life, I hope you take some time today to answer their questions. 



Details:

Stitches: back and straight stitches, one French knot
Thread palette: Sublime Stitching 703 (Smoky Eye), 701 (Black Hole), 704 (Eyeliner) - 3 strands, 801 (Pink Ribbon) - 3 and 6 strands
Pattern source: Today's piece features a pattern from the book Little Stitches by Aneela Hoey. I'd love to pretend I could draw a cute little cat, but the reality is it would resemble something that belongs in a "Nailed It!" post on Pinterest. I'm working towards a portrait of Keely, but it's going to be a while before that happens.

Comments